HIGH-GROWTH CEO FORUM®Work with Peers Leading Similar Profile Companies to Solve Tough Challenges, Share Best Practices, and Become a Better CEO
THE CEO ROLE
- Evolving the CEO role at each growth stage — determining the most valuable way to spend time
- Developing an annual operating system to create and manage the strategic plan
- Empowering employees and creating the transparency to run the business
- Building a world-class, aligned senior management team
- Making difficult “people” decisions about a trusted founder or team member
- Communicating effectively
- Delivering effective meeting frequency, preparation, content, and team participation
- Creating the optimal Board composition over time
- Identifying and attracting the most valuable independent Board members
- Setting appropriate expectations and transparency
- Understanding and managing differences in investor timelines and funding ability
- Building relationships with individual members and entire partnerships
- Setting up an Advisory Board
- Creating successful go-to-market strategies — knowing when and how to pivot
- Mapping the right organizational structure to strategy
- Building infrastructure and new processes to support scale
- Transitioning from a single- to multiple-product company
- Evaluating and executing strategic growth options — organic, M&A, partnerships
- Building a great culture to encourage innovation, teamwork, integrity, and accountability
- Building a brand
- Understanding financing options and determining the best strategy
- Deciding on an inside or outside round
- Optimizing timing and cash — balancing runway and business risk with dilution effects
- Creating the most effective company funding pitch
- Preparing for IPO
- Managing a successful sell-side M&A process
- Effectively hiring and managing bankers
Is High-Growth CEO Forum® Membership Right for You?
Are you leading an investor-backed, private or public, high-growth technology company?
Would you value sharing your challenges and learning with other CEOs leading similar profile companies?
Do you care deeply about continuously improving your effectiveness?
Are you a visionary yet practical leader focused on achieving aggressive results?
Do you have the desire to lead your company through all stages of growth?
Do you believe in continuous reinvention through innovation, collaboration, and customer focus?
“As a member since 2002, my participation in the High-Growth CEO Forum has made a measurable impact on Constant Contact’s success. Combine Catlin & Cookman Group’s insightful probing and leadership thinking with the feedback of some really smart CEOs, and you’ve got a winning formula for success.”
“We are a highly selective organization — willing to give the most open, frank feedback many of us ever get as CEOs.”
Forum membership has had a measurable bottom-line impact for CEOs, their companies, and their investors. Since 1999, member companies have:
Generated over $7 Billion in market value through 16 sell-side M&A events and 4 IPOs. Highlights are:
Andy Ory, Acme Packet
2013 sale to Oracle for @ $2 Billion
Tom Ebling, Demandware
2012 IPO raised more than $80 Million
Dave Wangler, TMW Systems, Inc.
2012 sale to Trimble Navigation for $335 Million
Diane Hessan, Communispace
2011 sale to Omnicom
Russ Wilcox, E Ink
2010 sale to Prime View International for $445 Million
John Rizzi, e-Dialog
2008 sale to GSI Commerce for $157 Million
Gail Goodman, Constant Contact
2007 IPO raised more than $107 Million
Janet Kraus, Circles
2007 sale to Sodexho for 12x EBITDA
Colin Angle, iRobot
2005 IPO raised more than $75 Million
Jeffrey Beir, eRoom
2002 sale to Documentum
Dan Schimmel, OneSource
1999 IPO raised more than $40 Million
Received more than 12 Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year®” awards
Over 50% of CEO Forum members listed among Deloitte’s Fast 50 and/or the Inc. 500